Use Your Head - Personalise your Style with Caps
The baseball cap is to guys, what handbags are to girls. You may not be able to fit much other than your head in a cap, but they are a much loved men’s accessory. They’re not just for boys though. Caps and hats can fix up any outfit, whether sporty or casual, male or female. Whatever your taste, you can choose between an enormous range of styles and fabrics, from cotton or canvas to polyester. Designs range from understated prints and colours to bold 3d embroidery and leather brand patches.
Snapback, Fitted or Trucker? Why Not All of Them?
The baseball cap is one of the best loved products of recent times. They have essentially become the poster child for American sports, having originally been used by baseball players to protect them from the sun on the field. These days they’re an essential part of the uniform and one of the most important merchandising products ever. Since the 70’s, youth cultures like snowboarding, skating and the hip hop scene have adopted the baseball cap.
Over the years a number of different styles have evolved from the traditional baseball cap:
- Fitted cap: the fitted cap is the typical US baseball cap. They are closed at the back, meaning you can’t adjust the size and so need to find the one that fits you best according to the manufacturer’s size guides. New Era have a massive collection of classic, functional fitted caps that will be at home at any American sports ground!
- Snapback cap: A popular, one-size-fits-all cap with usually 6 panels. As the name suggests you can adjust the size of the cap using the snapback closure at the back, which also comes as clip or Velcro.
- 5 Panel cap: If you’re in for a flatter and plain shape, the 5 panel cap is the right choise for you. One panel less but just as much style.
- Flexfit cap: The “One-Size-Fits-All” cap adjusts to your head size thanks to a built in elasticated strip at the back, making them perfect for sports.
- Trucker cap: This model is made of six equally sized panels. The front is made of a foam-like material which is often printed with a logo or colourful design. The back panels are made from a breathable mesh material. The peak of a trucker cap is normally curved like a traditional baseball cap.
- Bucket hat: Either campfire or wilderness, mountain or slush session, a bucket hat fits you in every adventure. Coming from the military outdoor origins, it made its way to an easy allround headgear.
- Fashion hat: Once you did wear a hat, no matter if straw, felt or leather, you don’t want to miss this functional and stylish accessory.
Create your Individual Style: The vast selection of caps at Blue Tomato
Find the cap that suits you best. Brands like Coal, Billabong or LRG are bang on trend in the boardriding world at the moment. Surfers can look to the stylish offerings from Nixon, Volcom or Brixton for beach-friendly vibes, which also have you covered when it comes to solid urban styles. Those with a taste for smarter retro styles should check out bucket hats by Globe or our collection of light summer hats by O’Neill.
Blue Tomato offers a full selection of caps from all different brands and scenes. There’s sure to be something for you!