Professional avalanche safety gear set by Mammut - the Barryvox Package
It is the Barryvox® that you already know: over 45 years of experience, produced and developed entirely in Switzerland, an item you can rely on unconditionally when it counts. The new Barryvox® generation adds some major enhancements in terms of usability and performance. However, the new Barryvox® is not just the device with one of the largest receiving bandwidths and one of the widest safely usable search strips on the market. Where the Mammut® avalanche transceiver really stands out is its intuitive operation. Because we realize: that it is only if you can operate your device almost with your eyes closed that you will actually manage to use it in an emergency. Top performance and simple operation can mean a critical time-saving. In particular under stress.
If you measure an avalanche transceiver on its performance, there is one value that stands out: the search strip width. Larger, circular receiving bandwidths mean that buried transmitters are detected faster, search strips are wider, search paths over the avalanche deposit shorter and victims are found faster. With a search strip width of 70 meters (digital mode) and a reliably usable receiving bandwidth of up to 70 meters, the Barryvox® is an among the top devices worldwide.
A high performance brings benefits only if the user can tap into it as simply as possible. Mammut, therefore, carried out a complete revision of the operation of the Barryvox®, from front to back. From an easy-to-read display to buttons that can be operated even wearing gloves, shock-proof and break-proof housing, intuitive acoustic search guidance and a revolutionarily simple visual interface, the Barryvox® shows that powerful performance does not need to be complicated. Because we know: only an avalanche transceiver that is easy to use will save lives in an emergency.
In the event of multiple buried subjects, the marking function means that you do not need to use the difficult to learn, time-intensive and difficult to interpret 3-circle method. As soon as you have found and marked the first person, the Barryvox® guides you on. While your team-mate starts digging out the first buried subject, you are already on your way directly to the second one.
Alugator Ride Shovel
- Digital device with 3 antennas
- Range approx.: More than 70 m
- Search strip width: 70 m
- Dimensions: 115 mm x 67 mm x 27 mm
- Weight: 205 g (including batteries)
- Batteries: Alkaline / Lithium (3 x AAA 1,5 Volt)
- Battery life: Alkaline: ca. 300 hours
- W-Link frequency: 869.8 MHz (Europe) / 916-926 MHz (North America)
- Transmitting frequency: 457 kHz
- Norm / Standard: EN 300718
The ergonomic, asymmetrical shaped T-grip of the Alugator Ride Shovel by Mammut, combined with a space-saving blade design, provides the ideal ratio of pack size to performance.
Avalanche Probe 240
- Hardened and anodized aluminium shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft with integrated grip zone
- Ergonomically shaped T-grip for ideal transfer of strength
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum rigidity
- Length: collapsed: 61 cm / extended: 86 cm
- Shaft Length: 44cm
- Blade: 27.5 x 21.5 cm
- Weight: 695g
Lightweight avalanche probe made from durable aluminium with integrated telescopic locking for quick, glove-compatible operation.
- Length: collapsed: 45 cm / extended: 240 cm
- Diameter: 11 mm
- Segments: 6
- Weight: 245 g
- Telescopic locking
- One-sided probe scaling
- Durable tensile tensioning cord
- Suitable for use with gloves
- Practical probe cover with integrated emergency plan