Northwave Snowboard Boots - Innovative, Top Quality Design
Northwave is an Italian snowboard brand owned by the Piva family which started out making shoes before Gianni Piva moved onto snowboard boots in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Now over 20 years later the brand and its products are characterised by a love for snowboarding which translates to top quality technologies, fantastic designs and a passionate attention to detail. A team of international snowboarders including Antti Autti, Alvaro Vogel, Nick Visconti and Victor de le Rue support the brand where possible.
A Boot to Suit Every Snowboarder
Northwave have a range of boots that cater to every type of rider and terrain imaginable, whether male or female, pow hound or jib kid. Northwave soft boots are equipped from heel to toe with all the top tech.
Boots with Sole
Northwave boots feature a range of different soles to suit the kind of terrain you ride most. Decide which model suits you:
- Double Cross Bow Sole: Light and extremely flexible with different grip zones, this boot feels amazing on your feet. Cross Bow construction offers precise power transmission and great balance.
- Double Cross Bow Vibram Sole: This sole construction gives you 30 percent more grip on ice and slippery surfaces than the original sole.
- Hypershock sole: Super grippy and lightweight, the Hypershock sole also absorbs shock like a champ.
- Ultralight Sole: 35 percent lighter than your standard snowboard sole. Insulated, with good grip and shock absorption - the perfect package.
Traditional Italian Liners
A variety of liners are available to cater to your every need:
- TF1: Moulds perfectly to your foot thanks to Thermo-Fit material and special fit zones. An EVA footbed provides insulation and absorbs impacts.
- TF1+: Built like the TF1, the liner also features a durable webbing for improved heel hold and foot stability. Also with a seamless toe area.
- TF2: Improved Thermo-Fit material for extra comfort. Anatomically designed ankle zone with memory foam for added comfort and improved heel hold. Northwave designed the TF2 around athlete’s movements, avoiding pressure points and improving heel hold. A specially designed lace system is the icing on the cake.
- TF3: Building on the TF2 this high end liner is anatomically formed and features a power strap for an even better fit. Also features extra padding at critical points for added comfort.
All Northwave inners are also available in the women’s snowboard boots with a female specific fit and extra fur inserts.
Northwave Outer Boot Technology
With boots ranging from soft and forgiving to hard and progressive, there’s a boot for everyone. Read on for a short summary of Northwave boot tech:
- Techlight: High end Northwave boots use a light and durable carbon fibre based material to create a feather light, high performance boot perfect for all-mountain riding.
- Domain Reinforcement: A TPU arch from sole to calf gives you plenty of support and reinforces your connection to your bindings and board for better power transmission.
- Flex Window: Offers comfort and mobility, giving you the perfect balance between progressive flex and power transmission. No energy is wasted.
- Thermo Welding: By welding materials together Northwave have created an ‘element beating’ seamless outsole. The asymmetrical design gives you more control when pressing, buttering and spinning as well as more flex and a lighter weight.
All Northwave snowboard boots feature the Super Lace SL System. This speed lacing system lets you fasten your boots in two places so you can customize your fit to your heart’s content. Of course, the company’s technological attention to detail carries over to the design of the boots. Check out the massive selection at Blue Tomato where you’re sure to find the perfect boot to start your winter off the right way. Get stuck in!