1. Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees top-and bottom heat. Properly wash the chicken legs and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Put them in an oven proof dish, add some olive oil and rub them all over with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Then, take the unpeeled garlic cloves and press them with the flat side of your cooking knife and add them to the oven dish. Afterwards, you put the dish on an oven tray in the upper third of the oven. There, they have to cook for at least one hour. Flip over the chicken legs after 40 minutes and stir through. There must be bubbles on the chicken`s skin and really crunchy as well.
2. In the meanwhile, you boil a big pot of water with some salt. Peel the potatoes and add them to the boiling water until they are done. This takes something between 25 to 35 minutes. Then, pour off the water and let them cool down. Press through the potatoes with a potato masher to create chunky mashed potatoes.
3. Now your chicken should be done! Take out the oven dish and put it aside. Take 5 tbsp. of the oily chicken marinade out of the oven dish and add it to the mashed potatoes. This gives some extra good taste. Then, add the milk and curcuma powder and mash everything a second time. Nevertheless, the mashed potatoes should remain chunky as you are planning to build a potato castle!
4. Seperate the cooled chicken meat from the bones with a fork and chop it a little. Melt the butter in a big pan. As soon as it starts to bubble, take thegarlic cloves out of the oven dish and press the soft garlic mesh out of its skin. This, you add into the pan. Right after, you also add the chicken meat chunks and stir thoroughly. In addition, you mix in the raisins, shopped coriander and mint and squeezes the limes over the pan. Take the pan from the cooker and put it aside.
5. Peel the avocado, cut in half and cut into strips. Then, peel off the first 2-3 layers of the red onion and use the rather mild, sweeter inside layers only. Take this “onion-filet” and chop it, core the jalapeño pepper, chop half of the pepper (the other half is for decoration) and mix the avocado chunks with the chopped onions and jalapeño pepper.
6. Now it`s time to build the mashed potato castle. Take the cake pan and fill it with a 2-3cm high layer of mashed potatoes. The second layer is with the avocado-onion-pepper mix. Third, we come to the best part: a thick layer of our herbal-chicken. The “roof” of your castle is made of another 1cm layer of mashed potatoes. Finally, decorate with some chopped herbals, some paprika powder, some jalapeño pepper strips and maybe ¼ of a lime. Repeat these steps on another 3 plates. Done!