Ecuadorian shrimp ceviche (for 4 persons)
- 1 kilo fresh raw shrimps, (peeled, intestine removed)
- 1 cup fresh pressed limejuice
- 1/2 cup orangenjuice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 red onion (cut in half and then each half in fine slices)
- 1 tomato (cubed)
- 1 buch of coriander (hacked)
- Salt and pepper
- one shot cooking oil
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn
1. A good trick to reduce the spicyness of the Onion is to put it into lime or citrus juice for approximatly 30 minutes.
2. Get yourself a pot, fill half of it with water, put a little bit of salt in there and get it boiling. Wehn it boils blanch the shrimps for 2 to 3 minutes until they get a pink orange colour. remove the shrimps from the water but keep it.
3. Get your hands on a bit bowl and mix 1 cup of shrimpwater with limejuice, orangejuice, ketchup, mustard and sugar. Give it a good mix and add the shrimps, tomato cubes, onion slices and some salt and pepper.
4. Popcorn time! put the unpopped Popcorn into a pan and put a lid on there. Heat and listen.
5. Serve your Ceviche in small bowls or deep plates. Sprinkle some oil and the hacked coriander over your shrimps and finish it with a small hand of Popcorn on top. Booya! Serve it.